Friday 18 January 2013

Two In A Row

Today was a great day. Well, it turned out to be a great day. The morning didn't start out too hot... I didn't sleep well beacause Adam was out working overnight, then I was abruptly awoken by a nightmare before my alarm, and couldn't get back to sleep. I felt agitated. Irritated. Also tired, but mostly just annoyed. I even yelled at the radio on my drive to work. Yes, you read that right.

But then things got better. We had a great opening team today with lots of laughs and smiles, despite the early hour. We got some Tim's, and a large green tea and ginger molasses cookie started to cheer me up. Then we set our intention for the day: Knowing that at any moment of the day you can start over. You can let go of the crap that's weighing you down, and make a concious decision to start fresh with a positive outlook and a cheerful disposition. So I did. And after that, the day was great. It was busy and a bit hectic at times, but fun and funny and fantastic. The day flew by, and I'm so glad I made the choice to enjoy it all.

On a separate, but equally exciting note, after work I headed to Chapters to pick up a pair of glossy black owl bookends that I had seen on clearance. I wasn't going to buy them originally, but I couldn't resist, since I have been needing bookends, they'll look great in my white bookcase, and I love birds and owls of all kinds. I decided to treat myself, and at 50% off, I thought why not? Once I got to the cash, they were marked down to 75% off! Ten dollars plus tax got me a pair of beautiful owls and a huge smile. Just wanted to share ;)

Hope next time you're feeling down, you can find the strength to turn it around.

Pinned Image

Namaste,
ERIN

No comments:

Post a Comment